WHAT IS IT?
CI’s newest program helps Connecticut businesses solve pressing technology challenges with solutions that have global market potential. The program supports an open innovation environment—which benefits us all—by bringing together Connecticut’s small businesses and universities, which will collaborate on a solution to one of four technology challenges posed by larger businesses. CI will award up to $150,000 each to as many as five teams to offset the costs of advancing their projects; the participating small businesses must match CI’s contribution.
WHO BENEFITS? WE ALL DO!
- Large firms benefit from new technologies and suppliers that can bring cutting-edge solutions to emerging and growing market needs.
- Small and mid-sized Connecticut manufacturers increase their productivity and profitability by developing and manufacturing new products and processes.
- Small, innovative Connecticut technology firms advance prior research for specific applications with commercial potential.
- Connecticut universities advance their research by providing talent, facilities and new ideas. They can also create revenue streams by working in collaboration with other organizations.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Large companies have already identified key challenges.
- Small businesses and universities can now team up to develop a proposal.
- Proposals will be reviewed by judges from the company that originated the topic as well as by an independent reviewer, using objective evaluation criteria and scoring.
- Companies whose proposals are selected will be awarded funding.
- Use the money to collaborate and innovate!
For a detailed explanation of the program, the challenges and the application instructions, visit Innovation Challenge which is housed on the CT iHub. Registration on the iHub is free.
Roberta Rossi email@example.com 860.257.2338
Deb Santy firstname.lastname@example.org 860.257.2893
Click below to view the Connecticut Innovation Challenge: Manufacturing Process Innovation webinar.
Click below to view the Connecticut Innovation Challenge: UTRC Part II webinar.
Click below to view the Connecticut Innovation Challenge: BASF Biomass pathway technologies webinar.
Click below to view the Connecticut Innovation Challenge: Rechargeable power and enhanced display solutions webinar.
We succeed when you succeed.